Apr 29, 2009

Road trip to pond hoppers

One (or two) of the most inventive traveling theatre companies in the world are coming to SpolettoUSA in Charleston, SC next month.

Image of Kneehigh BarnsCharleston Photograph

A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to see a production adaptation of Cymbeline by the Cornwall-based company, Kneehigh, and loved it! They make exciting original theatre, take it everywhere and keep their own unique repertory of shows alive... At Spoletto, Kneehigh will be performing Don John, a production some friends of mine saw (and liked) in the UK last year.

Another UK-based traveling company is hoipolloi, which garnered my unoffical best mission statement kudos. I haven't seen their work, but I love their website.

Both companies will be in Charleston in late May. That's a shorter trip than hopping the Atlantic!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ron,

    I'm headed to Spoleto again this year and already have my tix for Don John. I'll be sure to let you see my program and let you know my thoughts of the production if you're unable to go.

    ReplyDelete

Unattributed comments may not be published. Please use Open ID or provide a blog URL if possible.

search this blog & beyond

Popular Posts